Do you work in an organization where measuring outcomes and achieving goals is critical to your business success? Today, almost everybody does, but with the abundance of adtech providers, ever-changing tracking frameworks and privacy laws, communicating your business goals to your marketing and implementation teams has become quite the challenge. Enters measurement planning!
Nowadays, a lot of marketing professionals make the mistake of assuming that measurement is the same as reporting, however that is not the case. Even though closely related, reporting is in fact the product of a well executed measurement plan.
Well, to tackle the challenge, I have recently launched a brand new Skillshare class covering measurement planning and a 5-step process that can help you put together an effective plan, including:
- “Identification”, outlining your core business goals.
- “Alignment”, aligning your business goals with the most suitable marketing KPIs.
- “Association”, creating clear KPIs and associating them with the correct metrics.
- “Segmentation”, slicing your measurement plan by applying different segments and audiences.
- “Implementation”, compiling a technical implementation workflow for your technical team.
Here is a quick snippet 🙂
What exactly is a measurement plan?
Completing all five steps would ensure that you, your teammates and other relevant stakeholders have the same understanding of how success is being defined for your marketing activity. If you want to enroll in the full class, feel free to do so HERE!