Do you work in an organization where measuring outcomes and achieving goals is critical to your business success? Today, almost everybody does, but with the abundance of adtech providers, ever-changing tracking frameworks and privacy laws, communicating your business goals to your marketing and implementation teams has become quite the challenge. Enters measurement planning!
Nowadays, a lot of marketing professionals make the mistake of assuming that measurement is the same as reporting, however that is not the case. Even though closely related, reporting is in fact the product of a well executed measurement plan.
Well, to tackle the challenge, I have recently launched brand new Skillshare and Udemy courses. The courses aim to equip you with the tools and concepts needed to build an effective measurement plan for your business or clients. The curriculum covers in detail a 5-Step Measurement Planning Process, from setting up business goals and translating them into actionable KPIs to writing implementation instructions for your technical team and applying segments and audience for additional context. You would also get a chance to use Google Analytics 4 (GA4) to get practical experience with audience segmentation and how web analytics can help you enhance your measurement plan.
So, here is a quick snippet 🙂
What exactly is a measurement plan?
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create an effective measurement plan for any marketing activity.
- Get an understanding of how to identify business goals.
- Apply techniques to align your business goals with the most suitable marketing KPIs.
- Use Google Analytics 4 (GA4) to slice your measurement plan by applying different segments and audiences.
- Associate your KPIs with the correct metrics for your business.
- Compile an implementation workflow for your technical team (eg. Floodlight Tag Selection Instructions).
In addition, upon completion, you will get a FREE measurement plan template (created in Canva) that can be applied to work projects immediately. If you want to enroll in the full class, feel free to do so below: